Monday, March 12, 2012

Wicker Park eats

I recently returned from a great trip to the one and only Chicago. Definitely one of my favorite cities to explore! Not only did I spend time with a few of my good friends from undergrad, but we ate some, what I like to call, KICK-ASS FOOD (KAF).


kick-ass food (n. Abbr. KAF) a food of extensive deliciousness that may or may not be healthful in nature, but can fit into a balanced lifestyle.


Yep. That's right, my people. This nutritionist (can't call myself a dietitian yet until I take my boards) thinks that any food can fit into your daily diet. But more on that later.


Anyway, back to this KAF. While staying in Wicker Park, we had brunch at prasino, an establishment that boasts sustainable, "clean food" dining. I ordered the Caprese Eggs Benedict. Wow oh weeeeee.


Swoon.


The English muffin was topped with tomatoes, basil, fresh mozzarella, and a perfectly poached egg. That, topped with some hollandaise sauce and balsamic glaze made for a perfect start to my day. It also came with a side of house-made potatoes - cubed and spiced to deliciousness. Sadly, I do not currently have a working camera so I could not take a picture of this beautiful creation. However, I do highly recommend eating at Prasino if you happen to be in the Wicker Park area. Crisp clean lighting and sunshine pouring through the windows will also be yours if you decide to visit for breakfast or lunch!

2 comments:

  1. I'm really enjoying your blog. Keep em' com in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! I hope to do a few more restaurant reviews in the near future ;)

      Delete